Re: A little game,

Post by lightowler on Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:02 am

2. ye wiles-screenplay
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess on Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:27 am

1. is Sting!!!! I'm sure I listened to this on the way to the dentist with the dad the other day. Fuck knows the song though.
    9. is Whatcha Gonna Do by the Caddies.

Oh, also 15. is The Pretender - Foo Fighters
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich on Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:16 pm

12. Never Slept So Soundly - Rx Bandits
    Fucking CHOON.

7. Cicatriz ESP - Mars Volta.
    Also, a fucking CHOON.
    Summers
    Large and In Charge
    Large and In Charge

Post by Summers on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:51 pm

6 is Capdown - Mr Music. Big tune! Sneaky b-side!

First Mate

Post by scottus86 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:39 pm

I knew, I knew what that was but gave up on it!
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:31 pm

damn i shuda got caddies
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:40 pm

11. cherub rock
    angie_c
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by angie_c on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:59 pm

[quote="Furious D"]
    Furious D wrote:
    4. Laryngitis, undersell, black lips, fatigue, the toilet league Mumrah - The Toilet
    That's black list fatigue! ...black lips? what's that

Damn your list is hard!
    17. I got the situation under control, a little rubber and whole lot of soul - Reuben - Parties break hearts
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D on Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:13 am

Yeah you're right haha, my bad. I'll edit these later, you're all right though.
    Furious D
    You will take part.
    You will take part.

Post by Furious D on Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:55 am

Furious D wrote:1. This is the story of seven brothers, they had the same father but different mothers Sting - Love Is Stronger Than Justice (The Munificent Seven)
    2. I try to find a new career but feet are stuck on this stage Ye Wiles - Screenplay
    3. Maybe your luck has changed, settle down
    4. Laryngitis, undersell, black lips, fatigue, the toilet league Mumrah - The Toilet
    5. Headed for a cheap escape on the brink of self destruction
    6. We fight on the back of the discontent, not for what you think is best. Capdown - Mr Music
    7. Do you recall it's name as it suggested beck and call, this face and heel will drag your halo through the mud Mars Volta - Cicatriz ESP
    8. Lost in a dream, finally it seems, emptiness and everlasting madness
    9. Lying awake again, and I don't know what's happening Whatcha Gonna Do - Mad Caddies
    10. Came in the evening looking for a fight, the foreign militia stole away our rights
    11. Freak out and give in, doesn't matter what you believe in Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock
    12. Couldn't see the moon when she came tonight, emptiness inside her filled my room RX Bandits - Never Slept So Soundly
    13. Hard to mould the sense, choose to walk your own mile
    14. Situation Number one, its the one that's just begun, but evidently its too late
    15. Keep you in the dark, you know they all pretend Foo Fighters - The Pretender
    16. It's silent in the early morning, the only sound is my breathing Bedouin Soundclash - 12:59 Lullaby
    17. I got the situation under control, a little rubber and whole lot of soul Reuben - Parties Break Hearts
    18. When I was just a skinny lad on holiday by the sea, I met a girl in a rancid shirt, and a tape she gave to me Frank Turner - Back In The Day
    19. Check it, since 1516 minds attacked and overseen now crawl amidst the ruins of this empty dream RATM - People of the Sun
    20. Help me if you can, it's just that this is not the way I'm wired

This came out pretty hard!

Doing well guys, keep going!
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan on Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:55 pm

Rage Against have some sick lyrics.

Haven't listened to them in more than a year but I can remember this of the top of my head:

"You weigh me on a scale
    I'm smelling burnt skin
    It's dark now in Dachau and I'm screaming from within
    Cos I'm still
    locked in the doctrines of the right
    enslaved by dogma
    you talk about my birthright
    yet at every turn I'm running into hells gate"
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:27 pm

Seen as everyone's given up on Dimmers' obscure catalogue of songs, here's 20 from me:

1. I'm sorry Mama, well I didn't mean to make you cry
    2. I'm ready to roll, You know I'm getting ready to do it. I gotta feeling on a Saturday night
    3. There's a war loose inside my head, it's making me shake, it's making me crazy. Milk2Bummers - Meedashed - Peeky
    4. Does it make you feel much better when it's written here?
    5. Cakey, Cakey, Cakey, Cakey, Cakey, Cakey, Cakey, Cakey, Cakey
    6. Her neon mouth with the blinking soft smile is nothing but an electric sign
    7. It's been a while since I thought about you, I was so young and stupid then
    8. Dead from all the loneliness and this is how I feel, understanding everything has never been my deal
    9. Now don't you ever give up, don't you ever give in
    10. Remember when America had a middle class and an upper class
    11. So let's start beliefs, and the freedom to be yourself, there's something up with the situation Random Hand - SCOI - Peeky
    12. It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here, but i'm most obliged to you for making it clear that i'm not here Pink Floyd - Jugband Blues - Happy Camel
    13. Hey Kate, you and me should make a date to have a little loving in the back row
    14. It's started with the music thing, not loving what the people sing, just doing our own damn thing Big D - Raw Revolution - therur
    15. You're in the next room sleeping and I'm shouting out a song for you
    16. Internet relationships are not real, your heart people steal, but identities are concealed MC Lars - Internet Relationships - Bobby L
    17. The red poison of your lips, the red poison of your eyes Funeral For a Friend - Escape Artists Never Die - Peeky
    18. I never thought too much about freedom, and now it's gone No Comply - Misuse of Control - Bobby L
    19. I bought a gerbil at the petting zoo, if Richard Gere can do it, I can too
    20. You'll be sitting on the left side, i'll be sitting on the right Biffy Clyro - Saturday Superhouse - therur

Nothing particularly obscure I don't think

Last edited by NotRich on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:41 pm

Think 5 is that Hotknives song but I gotta bounce.
    therur
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by therur on Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:48 pm

14. Big D and the kids table-raw revolution
    20. Biffy clyro-saturday superhouse (ace tune)
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler on Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:51 pm

16. Internet relationships are not real, your heart people steal, but identities are concealed

Mc lars internet relationship

what ever 18 is ists anoying the fuck out of me
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich on Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:05 pm

Correct, Correct and Correct.

Can't give MidlandsDan 'that Hotknives song'. Specifics are needed. I know it's tough, but keep trying!

and Bob, you KNOW 18. I know you do.
    lightowler
    Sexie AN orsume
    Sexie AN orsume

Post by lightowler on Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:30 pm

no fucking comply.... um misues of controll?
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:03 pm

12. Pink Floyd, Jugband Blues

Last edited by Happy Camel on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : probably helps if I include the song number, eh?)
    MidlandsDan
    First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:18 pm

FUCK! That one word that forms the title is lurking on the outskirts of my mind, but grasping it is like trying to make Margret Thatcher come.
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:45 pm

You love her really.
    Peeky
    The Mysterious Benefactor
    The Mysterious Benefactor

Post by Peeky on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:02 pm

Im gonna steal dans glory- its hotknives: cakey pig.

17 is funeral for a friend: escape artists never die

3 is milk2sugars is the song meadsashed or something similar?

11 is random hand-its a right old track though?is it simple case of ignorance? I think its off the first demo anyways.

First Mate
    First Mate

Post by MidlandsDan on Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:15 pm

Yeah thats the one.
    Reel Big Moose
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Reel Big Moose on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:14 pm

NotRich wrote:Seen as everyone's given up on Dimmers' obscure catalogue of songs, here's 20 from me:

annoying shit white rapper that for no obvious reason got big - cleaning out my closet

rage against the machine ahve some sick lyrics

[quote]

yes they do my faves probably are from maria:

And now she got a quota
    The needle and thread crucifixion
    Sold and shipped across the new line
    of Mason Dixon
    Rippin through denim
    Tha point an inch from her vein
    Tha foreman approaches
    steps now pound in her brain
    His presence it terrifies
    And eclipses her days
    No minutes to rest
    No moments to pray
    And with a whisper
    He whips her
    Her soul changed to his will
    "My job is to kill if you forget to take your pill"
    Her arm jerks
    Tha sisters gather round her and scream
    As If in a dream
    Eyes on the crimson stream
    Numb as her wrists spit shots of blood to tha floor
    I am nothing, no one, nobody, no more
    NotRich
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by NotRich on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:46 pm

I've updated the list, and added it below.

Reel Big Moose = WRONG.

1. Isn't Eminem, although the lyric is very similar.
    Eminem's is "I'm sorry Mama, I never meant to make you cry". Subtle difference, but very different songs.

2. I'm ready to roll, You know I'm getting ready to do it. I gotta feeling on a Saturday night
    3. There's a war loose inside my head, it's making me shake, it's making me crazy. Milk2Bummers - Meedashed - Peeky
    4. Does it make you feel much better when it's written here?
    5. Cakey, Cakey, Cakey, Cakey, Cakey, Cakey, Cakey, Cakey, Cakey Captain Hotknives - Cakey Pig - Peeky
    6. Her neon mouth with the blinking soft smile is nothing but an electric sign
    7. It's been a while since I thought about you, I was so young and stupid then
    8. Dead from all the loneliness and this is how I feel, understanding everything has never been my deal
    9. Now don't you ever give up, don't you ever give in
    10. Remember when America had a middle class and an upper class
    11. So let's start beliefs, and the freedom to be yourself, there's something up with the situation Random Hand - SCOI - Peeky
    12. It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here, but i'm most obliged to you for making it clear that i'm not here Pink Floyd - Jugband Blues - Happy Camel
    13. Hey Kate, you and me should make a date to have a little loving in the back row
    14. It's started with the music thing, not loving what the people sing, just doing our own damn thing Big D - Raw Revolution - therur
    15. You're in the next room sleeping and I'm shouting out a song for you
    16. Internet relationships are not real, your heart people steal, but identities are concealed MC Lars - Internet Relationships - Bobby L
    17. The red poison of your lips, the red poison of your eyes Funeral For a Friend - Escape Artists Never Die - Peeky
    18. I never thought too much about freedom, and now it's gone No Comply - Misuse of Control - Bobby L
    19. I bought a gerbil at the petting zoo, if Richard Gere can do it, I can too
    20. You'll be sitting on the left side, i'll be sitting on the right Biffy Clyro - Saturday Superhouse - therur
    Jess
    Deck Hand
    Deck Hand

Post by Jess on Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:41 pm

Can I go? i wonder if everyone has given up on the last one

1. Sweet berries are ready for two, ghosts are no different than you
    2. It's coming up, it's coming up, it's coming up, it's coming up.. it's dare! Gorillaz, Dare - therur
    3. Leave me out with the waste, this is not what I do, it's the wrong kind of place to be dreaming of you
    4. Feel so good yeah yeah, You know I feel so good when I know you're skanking with me
    5. You're back's against the wall, there's no one home to call
    6. Something takes a part of me, something lost and never seen Korn, freak on a leash - Cap'n Lee
    7. Birds flying high, you know how I feel, Sun in the sky, you know how I feelMuse, Feeling Good - therur
    8. Right about now, the funk soul brother, check it out now, the funk soul brotherRockafellar Skank, Fatboy Slim - Cap'n Lee
    9. I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like. it's got a basket and a bell that rings
    10. Grab a handle, twist it 'til something drops. You're up when you're winning
    11. I! I'm a one way motorway, I'm the one that drives away Times like these, Foo fighters - therur
    12. Sun is shinin' in the sky, there ain't a cloud in sight, it's stopped raining, everybody's in a play E.L.O, My blue sky - ba-ba
    13. Are you with me? Are you with me? Are you with me? I'm like a pitbull on a microphone
    14. Well I've been standing here for oh so long, i get so tired of the same old songs of channggee, who's changing? The dirge, Caddies - reel big moose
    15. When I was young it seemed that life was so wonderful, a miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical The logical song, supertramp - Fletch
    16. Last night I woke alone with a whisper in my ear, recanting all my aspirations and my fears Watch it Crash, Streetlight - therur
    17. To finger paint is not a sin, I put my middle finger inPurple Stain, RHCP - Cap'n Lee
    18. There was a boy that I knew at school, never one to break any rules Sound of a revolution, SB6 - therur
    19. Hello there, the angel from my nightmare, the shadow in the background of the morgue Miss you, Blink 182 - therur
    20. Come step inside, shut the door, bolt the locks, wipe the sweat of unease from your brow.

GO!

Last edited by Happy Camel on Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:08 pm; edited 4 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:31 pm