Skints New Album

The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Skints New Album

Post by The Amazing Fletch on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:20 am

The Skints have written a new album! They're taking a rather unorthodox method of releasing it (at least, it is to me) by requesting that you pledge money to help toward the production of the album.

The Skints at PledgeMusic

There are loads of things you can pledge for from signed CDs, exclusive T-Shirts to things like dinner with the band and house gigs. Personally I think they're being a bit ambitious that someone would pay £300 to eat with them but whatever.

I was going to pledge but they don't recognise my postcode. Rubbish!
    iamemmao
    First Mate
    First Mate

Re: Skints New Album

Post by iamemmao on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:55 pm

£300 is very ambitious, I've eaten with them for free! I kinda like the idea of it, but some of the things are a bit much considering they are only a small band... £1000 for a house party?!?!!!!
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:57 pm

ha, if it was reasonably priced, lots of people would take them up on the offer and they would have a lot of commitments, im sure they know its overpriced.

plus theyre from london (except non londony josh who certainly isnt from london), they have no idea how much anything is worth
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:56 pm

if theres anything on there you want to pledge feltchy, i'm sure we could order it for you and get the address changed
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:14 pm

I was going to pledge for a signed CD. I could just have it sent to my house in the UK but then I would have to wait for it to get sent on from there, I suppose.
    Cap'n Lee
    Captain
    Captain

Post by Cap'n Lee on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:35 pm

you want me to pledge it then just get them to send it out to you instead

in fact, do that yourself. they won't be sent out automatically.
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:02 pm

I'll sort it out later.
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch on Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:32 am

The Skints are at 99%. Less than £100 apparently. If you haven't pledged now's the time.
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:19 pm

So here's an update that I got in an email today:

Spoiler:
    Marcia wrote:Pledgends, we did it!!:

So you might have noticed that pledge ting is finished now, and you would be right! So here is one of many more THANK YOU's to come-

THANK YOU! for pledging and sharing with your friends and acquaintances and for coming to our shows and singing the new songs and introducing yourselves to us!! We've met quite a few of you who have pledged now and you really are a lovely bunch (murder? flock? gaggle?), it's a real pleasure to meet the people who are prepared to put their trust in you and be so patient- I know a lot of you pledged a long time ago and have been waiting for your package through the post since the start!!

So what can you expect now? Well a few of you have asked if the end of the pledge date was when the album would be out, the answer to that is unfortunately not, it is just the point that we have to stop taking pledges.
    Many of you are asking when it WILL be out. The best way to answer that is for us to share everything with you as it happens- this project is your investment as much as it is ours- this album is a BIG job, particularly without the aid of a label,amongst playing gigs we are working the best we can on our own to get this done to the best quality it can be, we decided that it must not be rushed because if it is and then comes out sounding like yesterday's jam you'll chase us with pitchforks. So it's hard to pick a date that it'll come out because as I'm sure you'll all understand, it's easy to underestimate the sheer amount of work that must go into something like this and it's very important not to take any important decisions lightly just to meet a deadline.
    (Don't worry too much though it WILL be out before the end of the year)

So this is how things are right now.
    Tuesday to Thursday of next week we will be doing our LAST mixing session in the studio! That's right, after next week all the songs on the album will be finished, ready to be mixed and mastered to reggae perfection!
    Hopefully with all the music done we can concentrate on finalising the art/title/printing/packaging so that it looks as good as it sounds - I can tell you now we are keeping with the London theme- many of you have seen our Penny design, it was designed by the extremely talented and wonderful Creese (Chris Warsop). Creese is working with us again this year to design the album cover,posters and t-shirts on the new album! So for those of you who like the art on all our other releases or have any of our t-shirts, I'm sure you're in for a treat Smile

You may be thinking that this is all sounding like it could take a while. We won't ever lie to you about this, we know you understand that without a label it's hard to get this all done to a deadline. But what we will do is do what we can to keep you entertained and happy while we busy ourselves with it Smile
    Though this album is still in the works, it doesn't mean you won't be getting any new aural and visual treats from the Skints Smile we have something very special in the works for you lot because you've been so very patient and so very kind and understanding.. Smile

We hope you're as excited as we are about all this.. For all of you that haven't heard, we just found out we will be joining the fantastic Gym Class Heroes on their upcoming tour of the UK! It really feels like things are finally picking up and paying off.. We have so many of you to thank for this.. we hope you will continue to dance and laugh with us for years to come, and we'll always try to do you proud! :')

Marcia Xxxx

Tl;dr?

The gist of it is that the songs are all recorded but they don't want to rush things and make it sound shit. The artwork is being done by the guy who made the 'penny' logo, which is good news for me because I really like that design. It should be out this year.

SBWNik
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by SBWNik on Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:50 pm

I just wish they'd hurry up and get it out..
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch on Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:15 pm

I know, this is one of my most anticipated pre-orders of this year.

SBWNik
    New Recruit
    New Recruit

Post by SBWNik on Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:01 am

Me too, although the new DTD compilation is now up there too.
    The Amazing Fletch
    Captain
    Captain

Post by The Amazing Fletch on Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:56 am

I saw that on Facebook this morning. It looks like I'll have to buy that too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:39 am